NOW FULL! But watch this space... We hope to run another course next year!
exploring and deepening the experience of the spiritual exercises through the use of the labyrinth and imagery of spirals in art and nature
led by Antonia Lynn
& Joan Burkitt-Gray
Antonia Lynn is a tutor on the Ignatian Spirituality
Course held at the Centre and a freelance spiritual director, supervisor, writer and retreat- giver. She has led workshops at the Centre’s labyrinth since its completion in 2008.
Joan Burkitt-Gray is a priest, artist, spiritual director and retreat conductor. She is passionate about the spiritual exercises and about exploring the links between art and the exercises, and prayer and creativity. Joan was formerly a journalist and academic, and is married with three children.
Sacred Spirals is an experiential course following the dynamic of the Gospel as expressed in the process of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius Loyola. On each day there will be a mixture of theory, prayer and meditation: we shall look at a theme of the Exercises, ground it in our own experience by walking the labyrinth, and reflect on the journey using natural imagery and Joan’s paintings. The course is intended for anyone who feels drawn to:
• exploring or revisiting Ignatian spirituality – a taster or refresher for the Spiritual Exercises
• experiencing the sacred practice of Labyrinth walking and learning about the labyrinth as a resource for prayer
• praying with art, imagery and imagination
• a flexible and holistic way of using the dynamic of the Exercises
• making a commitment to deepening their own spiritual journey and sharing something of this with the group
The course will be held at the London Centre for Spirituality (and at the Centre’s own Fen Court Labyrinth) from 11.00 am to 4 pm on the following Mondays:
Further details from the Centre:
telephone 020 7621 1391